Tuesday, July 8, 2014

This and that...

 In an earlier post I showed you all the turquoise things I painted...this is "Matilda"...Don named her...she is kindly holding up a few cucumber vines for us...and yes...those are onions...they started going to seed, but aren't big yet...this is my first time with onions and I'm not sure when they are ready...they are still small!
 Cucumbers are doing well though...
 Lots of tiny ones everywhere...
 We have been pulling tomatoes daily...these big ones are starting to turn red...
 Picking lots of bell peppers...this baby is on the plants we started this year...we have about 6 plants...we like our peppers here! Bell peppers go in the pots of beans always cooking around here...pinto beans that is...so we can have bean and cheese burritos!
 I made a couple pillows for the front porch bench...I thought this Popsicle fabric was so cute...and it is outsoor fabric too! I got it at the discount fabric store in town...they have the best upholstery and outdoor fabrics! And so inexpensive! 
Caught this little guy hanging out while I was gardening...they are usually so busy...it's nice to see them rest a bit!

I have stacks of fabric cut out and quilted for doll carriers this week...I need to replenish my Etsy shop...those carriers sell like crazy...a good thing! And I just got fabric in the mail so I can complete a couple custom orders...I am keeping busy around here...AND...our Grandbaby will be arriving soon...August 10 is the date!! I can't wait!!! Selin said the doctor told her the baby is almost 6 pounds...so he/she is growing fast!!

Until next time....Enjoy your day!!!

5 comments:

Judy S. said...

So are you making a baby quilt? You sure do keep busy! One of these days I'll be ordering another doll carrier, this time for Stella. She'll soon be 11 months, so it's a tad early yet. Is that bird a flicker? They can be really distructive around here at least.

Kris said...

Your garden looks great! Love the popsicle pillows!
So happy for your new soon to arrive, grandbaby! There is nothing else like it in the world!!
xo kris

Indrani said...

Happy healthy eating!

Leslie said...

Your garden looks amazing and I love LOVE those pillows! Soooo cute! Have a great new week.

mountain mama said...

cute pillows ;)