Monday, January 27, 2014

Went to a quilt show...

 I was lucky enough to go to The Road to California Quilt Show last weekend...I went two different days...Thursday and Saturday! I went with my two sisters...both days...and had a wonderful time...
 I wanted to show you some of my favorite quilts...these are SO much better in person...but you get the idea...this one touched my heart...
 Loved the simplicity of this...but it made a bold statement...
 This was great...I could feel that little guy shivering...
 I really love the Modern Quilts...the colors were soothing...and then the pops of color...wonderful!
 This was so darn cute!
 Who wouldn't love this!
 And my favorite...oh yes! If you know me very well...this is a no brainer! I love everything about this quilt...what talented quilters all these guys and gals were...there were many, many more...but these were my favorites...There were lots more vendors this year too...they added a third area...a huge tent added on to one of the ballrooms. I chose carefully what I bought...some new patterns...lots of wool and a cute quilt kit...there were so many things to chose from...I always bring a certain amount of cash and when I have no more ...I quit! Luckily I didn't run out of money before I was done...there were many things I would have loved to get...but...well...you understand...
 I started making more of these ....
 I ran out in my Etsy shop!
 Here's a special order I made...Mom wanted her little one to have a matching bag...for bottles and clothes and such...she loved it...so happy about that!
Been eating LOTS of these...so yummy and sweet...we have been picking them everyday. I also found a great bread at the farmer's market we go to every Wednesday morning...Cranberry Walnut Wheat...oh my! I just finished my lunch...a avocado, tomato sandwich on this bread...wonderful! So if you see something like that in your area...buy it! Makes the best toast too! Lots of pieces of cranberries...and crunchy walnuts too...YUM!

School is going well...I am looking forward to finishing the Publisher part of my class and getting into photo shop...I could use it! 

The weather has cooled down a bit...last night I think we got a little rain! Not much...maybe it was just a heavy mist...but I'll take it...everything was wet this morning when I went to school...my driveway too. The paper says a chance of rain on Thursday and Friday...oh wouldn't tha be awesome!! Can't tell you how dry its been here...the whole West, actually...all the way to Colorado...so we need the moisture.

Not much else happening in my neck of the woods...today I going to attempt a Valentine table runner...I have gone through all the reds I have in my stash and hope to find enough that will look good together...it will certainly be scrappy...but the color is what I'm going to go for...not so much Valentine fabrics...I have a few Valentine charms squares left from another project...I'll throw them in and see what I come up with...not promising anything...just hoping I will like the results...sooo...

Until next time...enjoy your day!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

lovely quilts thankyou for sharing Linda and love your projects,you are very clever.xx

Judy S. said...

Wonder whether you passed up my sister? She was impressed with the show, too, so it was fun to see your great photos. Glad to hear about the rain as we sure noticed the dryness when we were there. Love your doll carriers...and you know Sophia does, too. Hope you're still making them when Stella needs one!