Thursday, August 29, 2013

It never rains in California....it pours!

 So today started off just the same as any other hot August day...sunny and hot...we went for our morning walk and then Don went off to help a friend finish a covered porch...I went off to the post office and grocery store...then started my sewing...too hot to garden...then what happened..the room started getting dark...the TV flickered a lot...I listen to the news or Pandora when I sew...then I heard loud noises on the roof...
 I went out on the front porch to this craziness!! It was pouring...
 Yet when I looked to the west...I saw this!
 When I went to the back yard...I saw this!
 Can we say flash flood...
The good thing is... I don't have to water for a few days...the bad thing is...I called Don to warn him about the rain...had it started there yet?? He got soaked...and the framing job...all tarped over for now. And the flag pole you saw in the previous picture of the blue sky...I heard a bang and pop...its on the ground now...bent over from the middle...maybe the lightening hit it...not sure...I called my neighbor...no one home...I hope that's all the damage they had...or anyone else for that matter. 
Until next time...enjoy your day!!!

7 comments:

Faye Henry said...

Wow.. a bit scary I am thinking..
Take care..

deb said...

that is SO crazy, we are 10 minutes apart as the crow flies and we didnt get a drop!!!!!!!!!!

Hilachas said...

I love a rainy day but not when it causes flooding or flag poles to fall. I hope everything turned out ok.

Christine said...

Unbelievable Linda! Hope the floods didn't damage any of your lovely garden!
Hope today is a good day!
Christine

Lottie said...

Wow! That is scary! Nice photos of the rain. I've tried to get shots of rain pouring off the roof but never could get good photos that showed how it really looked! Have a great (and dry) weekend!

Our Neck of the Woods said...

Now that's a downpour! We've had a couple of those this summer and it is almost scary with how loud it gets. Just drowns out everything else! At least you won't have to water you plants for a while :)

Judy S. said...

It rained here, too, for one of the first times all summer! Crazy weather,this.