Monday, July 22, 2013

It's been a busy week...

 Last week was a busy one...we went to the 66er's game...that's the minor league team here in my town...
 Spent four days tering up the front flower bed...I come up with these lame brain ideas all the time...
 Don pretty much goes along with me...
 I wanted to put this edging in...for an inexpensive seperation between the grass and flower beds...
 Much better! Now to add sod...but then it rained and rained...that's weird here in my neck of the woods...we rarely get Summer rain...this month we have gotten several days of rain...
 So I decided to go in and piece together these little rectangles I've had for a loooong time...
 Then I quilted them...nothing fancy...I just want some little mats on a shelf in the living room under pictures...

 I made two...about the size of a large place mat...the perfect size for where I want them...now I just have to put the binding on...actually...as I type this...one is finished...
 Don barbecued between rain storms...flank steak...yum...one of my favorites! Fresh veggies from the garden...and our take on South Dakota tin foil taters...
Just trying to enjoy the Summer over here...it's nice when you have someone to enjoy it with!!

Yesterday we went to San Diego to have a visit with the boys and girls...we took a nice long walk around Hillcrest...had snacks on the patio of a great little Mexican place...then the rain came again...walked back to Joey and Selin's house in the rain...that was interesting! Took Stephen home and got pizza for dinner to eat at his place because Anna had to work...so we got there right after she got off...Mahgarita pizza...my favorite...Yum! Now I'm ready to start a new week!! 
Off to the sewing machine!!
Until next time...enjoy your day!!!

7 comments:

Beverly said...

You are brave to get out in the heat for a ballgame and redoing flower beds. We haven't had the rain yet, but it was cloudy and muggy all day yesterday.
Love your mats. You did a really nice job. Love a quick quilting project.
Glad you are getting in time with your sons too. SD was probably a cool change even with the rain.

Kris said...

Wasn't that rain great? Love that fabric!!!!
Have a great week!
xo Kris

Traci said...

We love baseball at my house! Normally, this time of year we're going through a drought but I swear it's rained more days than it hasn't this summer. It's raining now!

Judy S. said...

Rain in the summer in San Diego? How crazy is that? I love the new place mats! Great idea.

Sue said...

It looks like fun! Well, the gardening part isn't my idea of fun, but my husband loves that! We are either raining or too hot to leave the house. Today, we got perfect. It is about 70, sunny and the humidity is low. It is a fluke, but I am enjoying it!

Angela said...

Summer is slipping by quick! Love the fabrics you used for your mats...they are gorgeous!
Take care!
Angela

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

I was born and raised in the humidity and I'm still not used to it. I try to stay in as much as possible. Love your photos....great post.