Friday, June 21, 2013

Yeah...I'm still here...

 First things first...let me wish you all a Happy first day of Summer!! While Summer isn't my favorite season...too hot and too dry in my parts...I do enjoy the beauty of early Summer...like now! Its been in the 80's for the last few weeks...and we've had cool nights and cool mornings...perfect for our daily walks...
 Every year I plant new bulbs in the yard...this time it was Gladiolas...some pesky gopher ate a bunch of them in the back last year...so I planted most of them in the front...this is a new color we happen to get...I love it! I always buy the variety pack...so I never know what color will bloom...we got really lucky with this pack...
 We got a few of these...
 And some of these too!!
 Sorry about the shadows...no getting around that these days...these are the color of butter...I love yellow in the garden...well...honestly...I love all color in the garden...but I feel incomplete without yellow!
 You know its Summer around here when the Black Eyed Susans start blooming...they are getting very tall too...
 I saw this bloom hiding...
We have really been enjoying all the veggies in the yard too...Cucumbers are one of my favorites...we have 4 varieties in this mess...I mean box...they are quite tangles up...but very happy!
 Don's been grilling eggplant almost every day...Yummy!
 And the tomatoes...
 Let's just say...we have quite a few ripening up! Some are as big as softballs...delicious too!
Don's been busy making these...succulent boxes...now I have to get them all filled for the craft fair and flea markets coming up in the next few weeks! See how he does the bottoms for watering...double thick screening glued and staple gunned. The glue is waterproof...I just need to wait a couple days to let it set completely before I start planting...
I have also been sewing a lot...finishing up some orders...and getting things made for my shop and for the fairs...it makes for one bad blogger though! I am trying to fit in time to do it...plus read blogs...I love reading all your posts...just this time thing! I think I had more when I worked full time...but I am happy...so that's what counts I think! Well...back to sewing...
Until next time...enjoy your day!!!

5 comments:

Jules said...

Beautiful garden!

Michelle said...

Beautiful flowers and the veggies look great. I hope you will share a pic of the succulent boxes once they are filled!

Kris said...

Your garden is looking great too! My window sill looks just like yours!!
xo Kris

Olive said...

I associate glads with my mother who planted them when I was a child. I do not see them here much. I have tomato envy.

Angela said...

Your garden looks amazing and the tomatoes look delicious!
Happy summer!
Angela