Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Keeping busy...

 We've been staying busy this week...I have been working on custom orders for a couple clients...I finished this bag yesterday for a client who is big into cross stitch and wanted a project bag that would be flat.
 It's pretty big...14 x 12...she wanted it like a big envelope...I love this fabric...it's Riley Blake Butterfly Garden...I just need to finish a matching bag to hold her scissors.
 Of course I have been gardening...the roses are all in full bloom...this one is a pretty color...almost orange....most of my roses are white, pink or yellow...so this one is different...and so pretty.
 Don's been busy making coat racks...this color is one of my favorites...it sells out first on the succulent boxes...so he took a chance on a rack...I like it!
 Birds are always popular...this is a key rack...in aqua...a new color...
 We've been eating lots of salad...so yummy and great when it's warm out!

We've been feeding a lot of birds too...one of my favorite things to do is watch all the birds who enjoy our back yard...this is a Hooded Oriole...a female...Mrs. Cal...I've shown these gals before...but I can never have enough pictures of them here...they are quite shy...but by this time of year they are starting to get used to us...and are a little more trusting when I am out with my camera.
The weather has been decent here lately...not too hot yet....it's June gloom as we call it...cloudy and a bit of fog in the mornings...burning off to a sort of haze in the afternoon...I miss the blue skies...but I like the cool mornings...perfect for our walks...we walk about 4 miles around the area...today we saw our letter carrier on 3 different blocks...she was laughing when Don asked if she was stocking us! Not much else to write about...we live such an exciting life...but that's the way I like it!
Until next time...enjoy your day!!!

7 comments:

Leslie said...

I love Don's coat hangers!!! Everything looks so pretty. You both are so talented!!!
Have a great Thursday.

Sunny Simple Life said...

Oh you can make anything. You are so talented.

Angela said...

I love the fabric you used for the envelope bag! It's super cute!
Don's racks (that sounds a bit naughty) are gorgeous! I really love the colors and the bird key rack is my fave!
Have a great day...it's almost the weekend!
Angela

Our Neck of the Woods said...

What a cute bag! The fabric is adorable. And I just love Don's coat rack. That green color is awesome - no wonder it sells out on the succulent boxes!

Traci said...

I've been eating a lot of salad too. Yours looks amazing!

deb said...

OK I NEED some of that fabric...where did you get it???? darling bag!!!!

Anonymous said...

I love the bag! Anxiously awaiting!