Tuesday, August 7, 2012

So much going on over here...

 I can't tell you how busy it's been in my neck of the woods lately...time seems to be going quicker every day...I tend to lose track of what day of the week it is too...I've been busy sewing...
 trying to get ready for the craft fairs I will be in this Fall...and trying to fill up my Etsy shop...
 I have had quite a few custom orders that I have been working on...lots of baby doll carriers...those seem to be really popular now...I have just one left...but I need to figure out how to make it for a very large doll and not pay a fortune for shipping...
 I feel fortunate for problems like that...and that I stay busy every day...doing the things I love...sewing...
 gardening...
 Right now I am as busy as a bee...my older son and his long time girl friend have decided to marry...they called a few days ago to let us know...they are going to just go to City Hall in San Diego...on August 24th...so soon we said!! He told me just a few could attend...like 8 people...and yes they decided a reception afterwards would be nice...so we are having one here...at our house...on September 22...
 There is so much to do between now and then...I started making lists in my head...somehow those lists need to go onto paper...and get done...I have a decent sized yard...lots of shade in the afternoon...how hard can it be??? 
So if you notice that I am absent a lot...it's because I am very busy...planning a wedding reception...we have 7 weeks...oh and not to mention my son is having his next surgery in a week ...so I will be distracted form here...not to mention visiting all of you! This is one more reason that I am so lucky to not have a job away from home...and that Don is now retired!! We need all the man and woman power we can muster!!!
And it's really HOT right now...the kind of hot that wears you down...so we gardened only for a couple hours...it was hot by 8AM this morning... it was 111 yesterday...but we must have a beautiful back drop for a wedding reception...Joseph and Selin deserve this...
Until next time...enjoy your day!!!

14 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

gorgeous bags...........congrats to your boy......you will be busy....but it will be for a lovely occasion.........goodluck for next with......

Olive said...

Your plate is running over but it is all good. Stay calm and cool and you will get it all done. hugs, olive

Michelle said...

Congrats to your son! Take a deep breath, as everything gets done along the way!

Anonymous said...

love your bags Linda and good luck with everything happening.xx

MaryMaryQuiteContrary said...

Gorgeous bags! wooohooooo!

Judy S. said...

Sounds like you have a really full plate, Linda, but at least it's all fun things! Congrats to your son. Your yard will be perfect, and in CA you can pretty much count on no rain. I finished my part of the b'day gift for Sophia, (did you see 'em?) and it's getting sent off soon. Thanks for help making it special!

Yvette said...

Your bags and just gorgeous! Your flowers are always beautiful too. I have been battling to keep my mothers flowers alive, I have never had a green thumb.

Good luck in the coming weeks, sounds like a good kind of busy.

Cyndi said...

Linda, I know how you feel! Don't worry about the blog...we'll all be here when you get back! Now....those are some gorgeous bags you've been working on, and yes, isn't it great to be able to do the things you love most and get paid for it? :o) Congratulations to Joseph and Selin...I know you must be over the moon happy for them. And even though planning a reception is a lot of work, you'll love every minute of it. I love intimate events like that at home....Jeff and I had our wedding reception at his parents' home after our church wedding. We had the exact opposite weather conditions, though....it was 15 below zero the night we got married and there was a foot of snow on the ground. I think I'd much rather have your weather...and maybe by September it won't be quite as warm!

"See" you when you get back!

XOXO,

Cyndi

Angela said...

I love the bags! The fabric is gorgeous, but I love the design! Congratulations to you and your son. Good luck!
Angela

MARCIE said...

Darling, darling bags! Good luck with your wedding reception!

Cindy Adkins said...

Congratulations to your son and soon-to-be daughter-in-law! Your bags are beautiful and I enjoyed all the photos.
Hugs, Cindy

Leslie said...

Those bags are gorgeous!!!
7 weeks... you can do it!!!!

koralee said...

Your blog is lovely...and your sewing projects are beautiful! Thank you for leaving me such a sweet comment the other day. xo

Sue said...

Ooo...7 weeks isn't very long to plan a big party, but sometimes I think the added pressure makes me get things done. I'm sure it will be perfect! Congrats!