Monday, June 11, 2012

Something scrappy...

 I've been sewing a lot lately and I wanted to show you a few little zipper bags I made...I love everything about zipper bags...their usefulness and how fun they are to make...you just have to use your imagination and the designs are endless...
 I must be in a scrappy, quilting mood because all three are pieced together...it takes a lot more time...but I think they look so unique ...each one different...
 I didn't use a pattern...I rarely do...I just figured it out as I went along...that's how I sew...like I garden...by the seat of my pants!

 I started to make just one bag out of these fabrics...but before I knew it...I had two!
 Sort of the same...
 But different...
 Same with the back sides...

 The linings are the same...I like this pretty little flower print so I wanted to use more of it...
 I added some wool flowers...
 and some buttons...
I'm happy with the way they all turned out...and the first bag already sold in my Etsy shop! 
I have more bags in my mind...and I need to finish a table topper I have been working on...it's my first attempt at "real" quilting and following a pattern...so it's going slow...slow...slow!
In other news...I have a VERY happy husband...the LA Kings won their first Stanley Cup only a few minutes ago. Don has been a fan since their first year...all of his brothers are big hockey fans...it must be the Minnesota heritage in them!!
Until next time....enjoy your evening!!! 

8 comments:

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

The little purses are so, so cute!

Kaisievic said...

Those little zip bags are adorable!

Leslie said...

Your work is gorgeous! !

MARCIE said...

Your bags are so adorable! You really have an eye for mixing up the right fabrics. I love the Hello Kitty!

Christine said...

Just perfect, Linda! They are bright and so pretty - love the applique and buttons!
Have a great day!
Christine

Kris said...

So cute Linda!

Judy S. said...

When we get back from MN, I need to talk to you about a doll carrier.

Beverly said...

Love your new little zipper bags. I think I commented on the flower one on facebook. Love the Hello Kitty too. You are so creative with design and buttons too. Now a quilt too, I saw one on Deb's blog you were working on. Sew cute.