Thursday, December 29, 2011

What fun with the SSCS!!

 Today I want to give a big Thank you to Shari for my swap gift in the SSCS ...this little quilt is just perfect!!
 You have captured my love for the sea and the wonderful little sand pipers that live there...
 I feel as though I'm right on the beach in San Diego with my boys walking and watching the birds...
 What a thoughtful gift...thank you ever so much!!!
 Now that the gifts have been opened I can show what I made in the swap...here is the ornament...a little owl I drew and made out of wool and buttons...
And a bag with birdhouses...the bag is a wool blend fabric and the birdhouses are all wool and more buttons...this was a fun project!
I showed the ornament I received on an earlier post...for some reason I can't get that picture to post today...technical difficulties I guess!! Thanks so much to Shari and to Chookyblue for doing such a marvelous job with this huge Christmas swap!! This was my second year and it was so much fun!!

In other news...the weather has turned very warm here in my neck of the woods...it was 84 yesterday...supposed to be nice the rest of the week...so you will find me out in the yard...gardening...what else!!
Until next time...enjoy your day!!!

9 comments:

Terry said...

What a beautiful little quilt! I love those birds! :0)

Faye Henry said...

Oh.. I love it all.. So sweet..
Blessings..

Yvette said...

What a cute little quilt. It makes me want to go to the beach. Your gifts you made are fabulous too!! When is your next show at Piece Makers?

Kris said...

What a darling little quilt with the sandpipers on it. And I love your owl and bag!!! Happy New Year Linda!

Annette said...

The little owl is so cute! How would it be to have weather in the 80's. We are quite chilly here.

Siobhán said...

Oh my gosh!!!!!!!!!!!!! What an amazing swap! Everything is just gorgeous. That quilt--what detail! I love the owl with the bird house bag--how clever! That is just so neat. I wish I had the creativity to think stuff up like that. Great job!

Chookyblue...... said...

Shari made a gorgeous wall hanging......I know Dawnie loves the gifts you sent to her........thanks for being part of the SSCS.........

TheCrankyCrow said...

What wonderful swap goodies - coming and going. That quilt is wonderful - you can almost feel the frothy waves. And that birdhouse bag is adorable! Wow...84...really??? We're expecting a nasty storm tonight - high winds, snow and ice....ick. Wish I were a birdie on your little quilt about now. Wishing you a wonderful new year filled with hope and promise....Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

Shiralee Stitches said...

Lucky you....your wallhanging is just superb...have you found a home for it? This was my first year in the swap and I loved it....