Friday, December 30, 2011

Come and look...

 Now that all the Christmas packages have been delivered and opened I thought I'd show you a project I was working on...I made these little table runners for my sisters, Mom...and a couple friends....
 I really liked this fabric when I found it...it's a light weight upholstery fabric...with some sparkles in the golden threads...I hand appliqued some Santas and trees...I like the way they came out...I used some of my wool I found while thrifting...a good way to recycle I think!
 Since I'm still very much in the Christmas mood...I thought I'd start a Santa that I didn't get to before Christmas. I got this pattern on sale last year after Christmas and just never found the time to make it...
I traced him onto heavy weight muslin and backed it with some white warm and natural so it gives a sort of quilted look. He'll get some pieces of red plaid home spun as a border and I think I'm going to add some tabs at the top so I can put a fancy dowel through the tabs to hang him...the pattern doesn't call for the tabs...but I never follow patterns exactly! I think I should have him finished in a couple days.
It is still pretty warm here...I have been gardening every morning this week...there are so many leaves to be raked in my back yard...it's incredible! But raking is very good exercise and I love being out in the nice sunshine this time of year...I'm actually wearing shorts today! I'm done in the yard for now and I need to get busy on a couple of custom diaper bags that have been ordered...lots of babies are coming this Spring! Even though I am very busy right now...I feel so relaxed...I hope this feeling lasts!! I can't believe in a couple days it will be a new year...
 I'm not big on resolutions for the year...I believe in baby steps...one day at a time...all year... every year. I just want to be the best person I can be everyday...some days I succeed...some days I fail...
So...until next time...Have the Happiest New Year!! May all your hopes and dreams for the future year come true!!

12 comments:

Kris said...

I love those runners!

Terry said...

Your santas are both lovely! Happy New year! :0)

Michelle said...

I love those table runners. I do hope you have a wonderful new year.

Lavender and Linen said...

They are so nice! I love table runners!
Happy New Year!

Sunny Simple Life said...

I know can you believe this weather. We were in shorts too cleaning up the garden. Still leaves from the wind storm. Happy New Year to you!!

Yvette said...

Your runners are adorable! Happy New Year!!

Cyndi said...

Hey Linda! Those table runners are soooo cute. Did you make the pattern yourself? I love the "woodsy" feel to them! And your Santa embroidery is adorable, as well. I think adding tabs is a great idea, and I'm like you...I never follow a pattern to the letter!

Wishing you and your family a blessed and wonderful New Year, filled with love, peace, and joy!

XOXO,

Cyndi

Simple Home said...

I'm sure everyone loved their table runners. They're beautiful!
It was warmer outside today than it was inside. It sure doesn't seem like Winter, does it?
Happy New Year to you and your family!
Blessings,
Marcia

deb said...

I love my table runner, hes awesome!!!!

Holly said...

The runner is gorgeous! Be happy this year and enjoy every minute of it. You are one of the sweetest people I had the honor to meet this year!

Linda @ Life and Linda said...

Beautiful runner... I hope you and your family had a wonderful Christmas and now we have a new year to look forward to....

Siobhán said...

Great job on the table runners! Your santa is adorable. I keep collecting embroidery patterns but haven't done anything with them yet--soon, I hope, soon! :)

Happy new year!