Monday, November 14, 2011

My Thanksgiving list...

 Since November is Thanksgiving month...and the month is just about halfway over...I thought I'd write down thirty things I'm thankful for...one for each day of the month...I know a lot of people are doing this...but maybe you might get to know me a bit better if you see my list...I picked random pictures that I took the other day in my yard...I don't know what made me choose these pictures...I just like them I guess...
My list is not in a particular order... just the way I thought of things...so maybe it is after all...
1. God..He is my reason for living...He has given me everything...and for that I am eternally grateful
2. Don...just the best part of my life...what can I say without sounding corny... truly my better half!
3. My sons...Joseph and Stephen...how do I speak of my sweet sons without tears falling from my eyes...they are my everything...my other better half!
4. Anna and Selin...these girls are the daughters I was waiting for...they are pure love to me...joys to be around
5.Lola...she is such a sweet dog...always happy to see me...always eager to please
6. My extended family...there are many here...sorry to lump you all together...you are all so different and all so dear to me!
7. Home...it is my refuge...I know that's a common term...but it is the only thing I can think of...I have lived in this tiny house for half of my life...I realized that the other day...I love my home...every part of it!
8. My neighbors...they are a wonderful group of people that make me feel welcome and safe...being a part of this neighborhood is a great feeling
9. My sight...any of you that know me very well know my fear of losing my sight...I am thankful every day to see...I am grateful for the invention of prism lenses so I don't have to see double any more...thankful for lighter lenses so I don't have huge marks from the nose piece any more...and I don't even mind remembering how it felt to be called 4 eyes anymore...just grateful to see!
10. The local library...where else can you go for so much adventure, romance, cooking and crafting tips...
 11. Gardening...oh how can I say thanks for all the time I spend outside playing in the dirt...I love every minute of it!!
12. My sewing machine...it lets me be a creative person
13. My camera...oh how I love to take pictures...I'm not that great...but every once in a while...I get that shot I have been trying for...and it's pure joy!
14.The local mountains...I have looked to these mountains just about my whole life...they are home to me.
15. Birds...they bring a smile to my face everyday as I watch them romp and play and feed in my yard
16. My morning walks...peaceful...thought filled...and sometimes downright interesting...
17. magnifier...it sits on my chest as I stitch...it helps me make all those tiny stitches
18. music...I love just about any kind...not blues and jazz though...too sad...country is my favorite...I love to listen and sometimes when no one is around...or even if they are...break into dance...I'm not very good...but it feels wonderful!
19. cloth napkins...sure beats paper...they feel good and so much better for the earth and our pocket books!
20. farmer's markets...I have discovered so many new foods here...expanded my horizon...and oh the freshness of them all!
21. freedom...to say and think as I please...I am so lucky!!
22. USA...this probably should have been sooner...I guess I think smaller...but when I think of freedom I think larger...I was so lucky to be born here...
23. The Chew...I know...a TV show...but I was quite addicted to a silly soap opera...for years...then came The Chew...what an up beat happy show...I tape this one every day now!
24. floss on a roll...now I can stitch my wool and redwork without having to separate those strands...makes my life so much easier!
 25. Rain...we live in such a dry area...water is highly valued here...
26.fresh picked vegetables...oh how I love picking a pepper or tomato off the plant and using it right away...
27. our Birch trees...what a difference these trees have made in our yard...shade and beauty all in a few trees
28. learning...I love learning new things...keeps my brain going
29. my memory...I'm so grateful to be able to pull up a memory so quickly and find joy in the moment
30. You...my bloggy friends....you bring me so many things I would have never experienced if I had not started this blog...I have met and felt kindness from so many different parts of the world...you let me know how much the same we are....no matter where we're from and how we grew up...you gladly share your tips and recipes and crafting ideas with others...and you are so creative!!Thanks so much!!

So that's my list...there are so many things I am grateful for...until next time...
Enjoy the day!!!

9 comments:

Beverly said...

It was great reading your list of thankfuls, Linda. I did learn some new things about you many things I knew from being a bloggy (and real life) friend. You are a sweet, creative lady and I am thankful to be able to call you friend.

Cat Haven Craft House said...

Wonderful post! It reminded me how much I have to be thankful for!

Christine said...

Thanks so much! i enjoyed finding out a little bit more about you! And I am so thankful for most of the same things!
Christine

Lavender and Linen said...

Well said! We are truly blessed!

Michelle said...

A wonderful list. We all have so much to be thankful for.

TheCrankyCrow said...

Wow...that made me feel so warm and fuzzy inside Linda...feels like I know you on a different level now - not that I didn't know - or wouldn't have suspected many of those things - but just the way you described them made me see a whole other level of beauty and grace in you. Thanks so much for sharing this....Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

Patty Marker said...

What a beautiful list. I am thankful for so many of the same things. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Legacy of Love said...

Beautiful words in a beautiful post in a beautiful blog! Thanks for sharing.

and thanks for stopping by my blog.

God Bless,
Julie

Traci said...

I love reading these types of post & learning more about everyone.