Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Summer's here...

Today is the first day of Summer and it sure does feel like here...I thought I'd show you my June Project Linus blanket, but now I'm just embarrassed...it looks soooo wrinkled in this picture. I have no idea why it looks this bad in the picture...it really isn't that wrinkled...I think it may be the light and shade in the photo...oh well! Now on to my garden....

Look!! Ripe tomatoes on the vine...we've had a couple already, but now more and more are ripening...I cannot say how much I love tomatoes...and to have them garden fresh...one of my favorite things...


And teeny tiny cucumbers too...these have had a rough start but before long we will have cucumber and tomato salad...Yum!



Isn't it cute!


I know it seems as though I am Gladiola crazy...maybe I am...but I get all giddy when I see a new color of Glad in my yard...here's some medium purple ones...


A close up...so pretty!



A new dark one opening up...


Here's a light purple...lavender I guess...this one is my favorite so far I think...



In this close up you can see all the different shades of purple...I am so happy I planted all of these bulbs...it was a bag of happiness!




This morning I had to get out to the garden early...it was mow day and I wanted to get all the heavy work done before it got too hot. I think Summer is here to stay, so my gardening times will have to be adjusted a bit.




Enjoy your day, my friends...back to sewing for me!!



















8 comments:

Michelle said...

Our glads and tomatoes are still growing...along with the cucumbers. I love tom/cucumber salad myself!

Holly said...

Tomatoes look great. As for that blanket, I love it. It doesn't look wrinkled at all. I even clicked on the pic to enlarge it to see what you were talking about. No wrinkles. It looks great!

Kris said...

Love the blanket Linda! I remember you were working on one the day I met you! My tomatoes are just starting to ripen too. And my cukes look about the same as yours. I am going to have lots of them!

Traci said...

So pretty! We finally had some rain yesterday & today so I'm excited about how great my plants are going to look. They always really perk up after the rain.

•°°• IcyBC •°°• said...

Oh your garden is yielding foods, and I have a late start here..Nothing seems to grow well this year.

deb said...

I have one tomato so far:(
I wish I would have a fraction of your green thumb!!!
Love the blanket...you are so generous!

Beth said...

It is always amazing to chart the growth of productive plants!

kathy b said...

Your gladiolas are amazing. DO you plant them by bulb each spring? I love the purples.
as for tomatoes, we are weeks away from a harvest here in Chicago..