Friday, June 10, 2011

A Book for Stella...

A while back I found this panel of fabric to make a Little Golden Book...I thought it was perfect...The Poky Little Puppy was one of my sons' favorites when they were wee ones.
It even had a spot where I could write her name...I embroidered a little note too!



This was the sweetest little project...once I put my head on straight and figured out how to piece it together!





I put iron on fleece in the middle of all the pages...Now Stella will have a nice soft book that will keep her busy while we ride over to Great Grandma's for a barbecue tomorrow!

Did I mention that Stella loves doggies and I think that these little doggies look a bit like her own puppy...Paige.

Not much else going on in my neck of the woods...a little gardening...a little sewing...well...hopefully a lot of sewing...it is chilly and a bit drizzly this morning, so the gardening will wait until it warms up a bit...pretty typical of this time of the year...June Gloom!

It doesn't bother me though...I don't mind...it will be hot enough before you know it! So I plan on taking advantage of the gloomy mornings by walking and sewing...


Enjoy your day, my friends!!








6 comments:

Traci said...

I had this book when I was little too!!

Judy S. said...

That's such a great little book. Some of my quilty friends have made quilts from similar panels, and it works quite well.

Simple Home said...

Aww, this is just the cutest little book. We had a copy of it when my kids were little. I read it over and over and over to them. They all loved it!
Blessings,
Marcia

Michelle said...

Very sweet! I have not been able to comment on your blog for some time now, but I hope I have that solved!

Kris said...

That is precious! She will treasure it! My kids loved that story too. I sure wish I had saved all of the Little Golden Books we had. Now they are so hard to find, those early cute ones!!!

Karen said...

That is so cute. I used to read this book to my kids when they were little--it was a book that I had from my childhood :)