Friday, May 20, 2011

The sun is back...

The rain has stopped and the sun is back in my neck of the woods...so out to do a bit of gardening...
This morning I concentrated on my front yard...I mowed and did lots of trimming and dead heading...



The Lambs Ears are blooming...



The rain watered everything and the mild temperatures have been wonderful to all my flowers...


Sometimes I think my garden gets a bit wild...right now it is on the verge of wildness...like if I stand here too long...I will get swallowed up...



Johnny Jump Ups are one of my favorites...they are everywhere...and I do mean everywhere!



The bees are busy at work...I can hear them buzzing around me as I garden...they are working so hard...




The roses are blooming...



This is a miniature rose...loved the color...I got it at trader Joes...I don't know that much about roses...like all the names and such...I just buy what I like and they seem to like it here.I think I have been blessed with what some call a green thumb...but I garden alot and the rewards are great...I am lucky at this stage in my life to be home and garden whenever I like...and I like to most days!!

Enjoy the day, my friends...I hope you found a bit of joy in my garden!
















12 comments:

Holly said...

Yes, you are one lucky lady to have such a beautiful garden. That last rose is just picture perfect!

Lynne (lynnesgiftsfromtheheart) said...

Your garden is gorgeous. I had let the things around here go for the past few years, so working like crazy in between rains playing catch up. hugs ~lynne~

Lavender and Linen said...

Your garden is so pretty. I love spring.

Yvette said...

I love your garden!

Judy S. said...

Beautiful flowers, Linda. You are so far ahead of us it's absolutely amazing.

La Vie Quotidienne said...

Oh my...your garden is looking super! I wish I had an abundance of Johnny Jump-ups, I love them and I didn't get any planted this year...sigh. Happy gardening and have a great weekend.

Kris said...

Just beautiful Linda!! It has been good gardening weather!

kathy b said...

OMG. Your garden is magazine worthy! You must have a green thumb...I usually fail with roses. My dad gave me some pointers this time...they don't like wet feet etc. I just love the bang you get for the buck as they flower in Chicago until after the first frost.

Anonymous said...

You have a beautiful garden full of blooms! My friend gave me some lamb ears to grow, but they didn't take. I have black-thumb :-(

Hootin Anni said...

Beautiful!!! Simply breathtakingly beautiful. And that bee....whoa, what a great photo.

Sorry, I'm so late getting around...I know you visited with me on my Watery Wednesday post too...much appreciated.

Hope your week has treated you well!!!

My Sunday Post...'ribbit'!!

LindyLouMac said...

Gosh you are right about the lilacs, a few days absent and I am back catching up to find them popping up everywhere. It is lovely to find joy in the garden and that is where I hope to spend most of my time in the coming weeks.

Traci said...

Your yard is sooo pretty! I have a couple of areas in my yard that are a bit wild & I plan on working on them this weekend.