Wednesday, April 20, 2011

A little Spring decor...

My sister had this hutch, table and chairs for years in her house...for maybe 15 plus years...she bought a new set and gave this to us. We took it to our very good friend and he sanded it down to the bare wood, repaired a bit of damage, and put on layers of poly to protect it. It's made of pine and I really like it alot! It sits in the eating area of our kitchen and I keep many old and new treasures in the hutch. I like changing out the dishes and other items depending on the season...

Right now I will show you what it looks like for this Spring...I am not a huge collector, but I like certain things...Fiesta Ware, vintage Pyrex and casseroles...and pitchers...



I love the turquoise and yellow Pyrex the best...this is my very favorite casserole behind these two new salt and pepper bunnies I picked up this year from Target! These loaf pans are a favorite too...





This yellow pitcher goes well with the Fiesta Ware, but it says Marcres Ovenware on the bottom. It also says it is made in the USA. I haven't researched that company...I just liked it...like that it was made here...and it works well with the Fiesta Ware! The bunnies in the basket are also salt and pepper shakers. I got them at a craft fair a few years ago. The plate in the background is new. It's part of a set.







Here's some of my Fiesta Ware and a cow milk pitcher. He was new when I bought him about 25 years ago. The bunny is an egg keeper with some glitter eggs in there now.








My son bought this cow cookie jar for me at a thrift shop. It is made by Otagiri in Japan and he said it is quite collectible...I like it and the fact that he bought it for me because I love cows was enough for me...there is a leaf serving plate and some leaf bowls in there too.












A Fiesta Ware pitcher...another bunny plate and a paper mache carrot. I have had this carrot for quite a few years...I always worry how it will hold up, but it is doing well...














Another casserole, some more bowls and a couple bunnies...that's it for my Spring decorated hutch...I hope you enjoyed seeing it..it was fun to show you!

The weather isn't very Spring like right now...it's pretty gloomy outside. I've been sewing all morning and I think it's about as warm as it's going to get, so I'm off to the back yard for some gardening...

Enjoy the day, my friends!!














5 comments:

Lavender and Linen said...

I love your Fiesta Ware. It looks like you are ready for Easter.

Have a good week!

deb said...

ok lets see...Joe and I bought that set when we got married.....almost 28 years ago...soooooooooooo its that old..but NOW it looks brand new!!!!!! love the way you have decorated it for Spring and Easter!!!!

Michelle said...

A really nice display and I love the spring colors.

Rebecca said...

What a great piece-and for free, lots of fun goodies inside!

Theodora quilts said...

Hi Linda thanks for stopping by to visit me I always forget if I send a reply to comments since I am in my shop and I get plenty of interuptions while at the computer, I love your seasonal decor items they sure look cute in your hutch really makes one in the mood for Easter ,I wish you a nice Easter this Sunday . Theodora