Wednesday, March 9, 2011

A beautiful March morning...

What could be better than a nice warm morning in March...not much...that's for sure! The wind from yesterday has died down and this morning couldn't have been better...so I headed outside bright and early to do a bit of gardening...I found lots blooming in the yard this morning...the delphinium in the background is about to bloom...
and look at all these beauties...this is on the east side of my front yard next to the wall we had built last summer...

for the life of me I can't remember the name of this bush, but I love it...it turns from bright orange to a nice light green depending on how much light it gets...it adds so much color to the yard...I think I need some more of these...



When we put in the wall last summer we had some extra space...I have always wanted a Hydrangea...and Don and I went and picked out this one last weekend...isn't it a beauty! It's pretty small right now and I don't know that much about them...but I love them!



Here's a banner I got at Joann's for 1/2 price a couple weeks ago...I couldn't wait until March to put it up!



Here's some pots on the step up to our front porch...I just gave them a drink...it rained on Monday, but I sometimes forget that the pots under the porch need water when it rains...so I gave them a nice long drink!





Ranuculas are blooming now! They started popping up really early in January and I was worried that if it got cold again they would go into shock...but they waited to bloom and look quite happy!







Here's a deep red one...I have lots of different colors, but these are the only ones blooming so far...







Daffodils everywhere too...and these little California daisies...which can get out of control quickly if you let them...they are a native and grow like weeds all over our yard! But they are cheerful plants so I let them stay where ever they want...








This is the west side of our house which I don't show too often...it is mostly in shade all day and can be difficult...my house shelters it in the morning and my neighbor's rather large boat shelters it in the afternoon...but the daffodils like it there...they are starting to bloom there and more little daisies...they are happy there too...








Lastly...I wanted to show you the birch trees on the east side of our back yard...their leaves are really filling in quickly! Soon it will be all green and shady over there...our mini forest!

The thermometer said 78 when I came in for lunch...I don't know if it will last but I am enjoying being in shorts and bare feet! I hope you are enjoying your March day too!
Take care, my friends!!








9 comments:

Judy S. said...

Seventy-eight, you lucky duck! It's pouring here and exactly 30 degrees cooler. Whine, whine!You will love having a hydrangea; their blooms last for a long time and then if you dry them, you can enjoy them all winter, too!

Light and Voices said...

Agreed hydrangeas are the BEST. Blooms last all summer and I even like seeing them in the winter dried standing there knee deep in snow. So pretty! Enjoy the hydrangea.
Joyce M

Donnie said...

What a wonderful yard and so many things blooming already. My hydrangea has yet to bloom but I might have it in a bad spot.

Michelle said...

Such beautiful sunshine and flowers! We are finally getting out of winter mode. Thank goodness.

Kaybe said...

Hi Linda,
I'm your newest follower. It always amazes me how just about anything will grow in California. Are you going to try to dry any of your hydrangeas?

Take good care,

Karen

LindyLouMac said...

We have daisies and daffodils at the moment but that is all, your garden is really looking spring like.

Simple Home said...

It's warmer there than it is here. Your garden is beautiful. I should have you come up here and give me tips :-)
Enjoy the sunshine!
Blessings,
Marcia

Mary @ Neat and Tidy said...

We still have snow on the ground, but temps are on their way up! Looking forward to gardening soon.

Annette said...

So beautiful...wish it was my yard. We still have patches of snow and lots of dead stuff. But I think I feel a touch of spring in the air. Not long now.