Saturday, February 12, 2011

I won an award...

Wow! Me? This is the first award I've ever won from a blogger! I feel honored...I received this from Jo at Lazyonloblolly...thanks Jo!
There are some rules I must follow though and I must say...I'm not much for rules, but I'll try my best...I must answer some questions and here goes...
1.Why did you create your blog...Hmmm...because my sister has a blog...it looked fun and she bugged me...well...she didn't bug, really...I was reading hers and thought it would be fun to meet people from all around like she did. I'm kind of shy and have a hard time putting myself out there...but blogging was a way I could meet people that share my same interests...and it was easy to find so many wonderful new friends...
2.What kind of blogs do you follow...I love all sorts of different blogs. I started with some gardening and sewing blogs because those are my main interests, but I read cooking blogs and anything about everyday life...it's all about the people behind the blogs that I enjoy...getting to know new friends from all walks of life and every part of the world.
3.Favorite brand of make-up...I am really not a make-up type girl...of course I wouldn't leave the house without mascara...but I'm not that kind of girl....
4.Favorite brand of clothing...Ha!ha! Another funny question...I'm not a big clothing person either...but I do love clothes! I'd have to say...anything that fits...I have trouble there...I'm petite and most cute clothes are made for... tall, slender gals...I have curves too...I guess right now my favorite clothes are my Lee jeans and any kind of pretty top, but I'm most comfortable in a pair of shorts, t-shirt and flip flops...what can I say...I live in Southern California!
5.Indispensable make-up product...I see a pattern here...since I don't wear much make-up...I'd have to say...Olay daily regenerating serum...I do wear that everyday...gotta keep that skin young...ha! Well...I am trying to keep some of the wrinkles away!!
6.Favorite perfume...by now you probably think I'm quite the Tom Boy...but no...not really...I love all things girly...I just am very low maintenance...I don't wear perfume...although I love the smell on others...I get headaches from too much scented products...I do, however...LOVE the hand made soap I use everyday in the shower...I never use anything but Smith Family hand made soap...they make my skin soft and smell wonderful too!
7.Favorite color...Oh that's a hard one, but I will have to say blue. I have blue in every part of my home and ward robe...but orange...I love orange too! It's vibrant...not quiet like blue.
8.Favorite movie...My first instinct would be to say Willie Wonka and the Chocolate Factory...I love that movie and I'd watch it everyday...but I love Shirley Temple and any of her movies make me smile and cry at the same time...and let's not forget Grease...do I sound fickle on the movie front...
9.What country would you like to visit and why... This might sound dumb...but America is the first thing that comes to mind. There are so many places I want to visit here...a dream of mine is to visit Mt. Rushmore...I have been to many states here, but there are so many places I want to visit...the South would be a great place to start I think...but New England sounds wonderful in the Fall...the Pacific Northwest in the summer...I could go on and on...
10.Would you rather forget to put mascara on one eye or blush on one side of your face... Oh...great...more make-up questions...I always wear mascara...so I guess I would be embarrassed if I went out with only one eye done...but have I mentioned that one day I was out all day and on my last errand I noticed that I had on two different sandals...talk about embarrassing...I couldn't believe I did that...and they were pretty different...
Well that sums up the question and answer part of this award...now I am to pass on the award to some of YOU! I have many that I love out there and in no particular order this award gets passed to...
It's a Small Town Life
Conghaile Cottage
BlueBird Swing
Cucaroo
chookyblue
There are many others, but I have trouble linking them for one reason or another...I love all of you dear bloggy friends!!
Enjoy the day!!

3 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

congrats on your award.............i'm sorry I don't do them...but thanks for thinking of me............."Grease" is a fantastic movie isn't it........

Michelle said...

Great post and I learned so many things about you! lol And, thank for linking to me!

LindyLouMac said...

Congratulations on your award, it was fun learning a little more about you.