Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Outdoor Wednesday...rainy day style...

We have been getting some rain here ...for 8 straight days!! What happened to the La Nina they predicted...and the warm dry winter? We have gotten more rain in the last 8 days than we do the whole month of December...and this comes from someone who appreciates the rain...but enough already....

I don't know how much more my yard can take...it just never stops...and I do mean that...it is a constant rain...from a sprinkle to a heavy rain...never ceasing...

No...not a pond...my back lawn...


My street runs into a dry river bed...I live 5 houses from the end...I braved the rain and went out to see how much water was down there...this is normally dry and that little island is a very large hill...



This wash is at least a 1/2 mile wide ...it is very rocky and sandy...now it looks like a river...I always wanted to live near the water...looks like I got my wish!
Stay dry, my friends and go visit Susan for some more Outdoor Wednesday posts..
Merry Christmas!!




10 comments:

Melissa ;-) said...

Stay safe! We have been seeing all sorts of scary news stories about the rain. Snow may be a pain. It may make a road impassable or delay your flight at the airport. But your rain has been truly scary with the flash floods and mud slides!

Donnie said...

I hope you don't have much more rain and at least that creek bed was able to hold some of it. Please stay safe.

Loris said...

I know, I know! Isn't this odd? It is coming down here (central coast) steady again. Hopefully clearing by tonight. I think the birds are even tired of it.
Hope all those 'dry' stream beds hold.
Keep safe.

Hooked on Memes said...

I heard about the floods on the news. Hope you are safe.

Olive said...

I hope it stops soon. We need rain here and will get it on Saturday and a little bit of snow maybe. Merry Christmas!

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Oh my...I've seen on the news such terrible things happening because of all the rain, Linda..I hope it stops soon! can you imagine if sll that rain were snow? Hope it doesn't come here!

Hope you have a very Merry Christmas!

Mary said...

I've been watching the news~ Hope you & Lola can stay dry! Merry Christmas to you & your family!

deb said...

Im glad you posted a pic of the wash, I was wondering how it looked!!!!! wow!

Judy S. said...

Gosh, is all of your lovely garden submerged? It's been very soggy here too, but nothing like that. Stay dry if you can, and have a Merry Christmas!

Kathy said...

Amazing pictures - we get a mini pond in our back yard. Ours, and our neighbor's yards ,drain to the lowest point out there! Makes for wonderful soil for my husband's grass.
Happy New Year,
Kathy