Friday, November 12, 2010

What do you think?

As I told you before, I've been busy working on Christmas gifts and I think it is safe to show you a few. These are for my great niece and great nephews...I'm pretty sure they don't read my blog...they are just 7, 4 and 2 years old. These are backpacks I made. The tops cinch closed. It is actually two continuous straps that go around the top and then act as straps for the back. I'm happy with the way they turned out. The only problem I ran into was finding strap adjusters...they are no where to be found in the stores, so I had to order some on-line and of course I had to get more than I needed...


I haven't decided if I will add buttons on the boys back packs...I got all kinds of goodies on sale at back to school time to fill these up. It's the perfect time to get crayons and drawing pads and all kinds of fun creative goodies. There will also be some books in each one. Their Mom, my niece is a teacher and these kids love things like that to keep busy...
I know a lot of you make gifts too...what are you making?


11 comments:

La said...

These turned out cute. I am making sock wreaths for my nieces. Have a great weekend! La

Michelle said...

Really sweet gifts. And, useful. Nice work!

deb said...

those turned out sooooooooooooooo cute!!!!!
and I cant tell YOU what Im making cuz Im making one for YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lolololol

Anonymous said...

I love them!! You done good!! Love the zoo animals one. Cute. Tammy

Yvette said...

Those are so adorable!

Melissa ;-) said...

I like them. I plan on making a backpack for my grandson for Christmas to carry his fishing gear.

Kris said...

So darn cute! They will love them!

Jane said...

Hi Linda! It's nice to meet you. I love your purses and backpacks. Your fabrics are wonderful...And I enjoyed perusing through your older posts. Lovely photos...I especially love the shots of the ocean and the sailboats (but I am truly partial to those...we bought a sailboat before we bought a house!).

Thanks for your kind comments on my blog. Hope to see you soon...
Jane (Artfully Graced)

La Vie Quotidienne said...

Hi,

I am so impressed by your work...not only are these adorable but the craftsmanship is amazing. They are going to be thrilled.(-:

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

They are beautiful bags Linda! You have been busy! You great niece and nephews will love them.

Eileen said...

I love these! They are so cute and happy.