Monday, November 8, 2010

Thanks Melissa!!

I won! I won!! I never win anything...I guess I can't say that any more...I want to thank Melissa for this 12 pack of fat quarters... she was giving away 2 of them and I won one!! Lots of great colors here...Thanks again!! The weather has changed once again in my neck of the woods and it is rainy and cooler...I have been sewing a lot lately, but some of them are Christmas gifts that I can't show yet, but here is a bag that I have finished and added to my Etsy site.
I liked this colorful fabric as soon as I saw it and I can't believe that this polka dot I found matches so well...they are from two different companies! The colors are identical!

I have really gotten into layering buttons...I am a detail person and it's the details that make a bag special, I think. The bottom button is a simple plastic button and the top on is a silver metal one that I found at the last quilt show I went to. The girl there was selling these buttons to layer for jewelry...now it's jewelry for this bag!


Here's the inside...I don't vary on the insides usually...I find that the less busy fabric works best as lining and pockets all around are best. There's a key hook on here too.




Since it's raining today...I will be sewing...if I can tear myself away from the computer and all of your delightful posts...enjoy the day, my friends!!




10 comments:

Melissa ;-) said...

You are very welcome and I love that bag!!!

Susan said...

Congratulations on being a winner........

Your bag is a winner too..........

yodafatkitty said...

Nice. I just got a sewing machine from Goodwill that I need to get checked out. I know how to do straight seams and that's about it.
Like I *need* another hobby anyway, lol.

Loris said...

Congrats on your win! And that is one gorgeous bag! The details are perfect!

Karen said...

Congratulations on your win ~ I love those fat quarters! Pretty bag, too :)

Angela said...

Congrats! The colors do look great. I love your bag, too!
Angela

Judy S. said...

Congrats, Linda! Another fabulous bag....love what you did with the buttons; I agree about details, and you have a great eye for choosing fabrics!

Michelle said...

Congrats to you! I need to check out your Etsy shop.

deb said...

wowowowowowowo....you won!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! very cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kathy said...

Love the bags - I have a couple of tomatoes on a vine attempting to hang in there - I think I need to take it out of its misery.
Hope you have a marvelous day,
Kathy