Friday, September 24, 2010

I've been busy....

Here's one of the new bags I made to bring down to The Wool Lady in Temecula...I've been busy sewing and now it seems I need to get busier! She wants more than I brought her...in fact...she bought one out right from me yesterday! Any way, I thought this fabric was really different and I bought more than I usually buy, just because I liked it a lot.
I wanted something for the pocket on the front, so I drew this flower that is sort of like one on the fabric, and since there were so many polka dots on the fabric...I made french knots...even the button has polka dots...there's a different but matching one for the closure.


This is a typical inside...lots of pockets.



Here's another one I just finished...I love black and white!


I thought I'd fancy it up with an embroidery too....I do love to hand stitch...




Here's the inside. I liked this vine patterned fabric and knew it would make a great lining fabric when I first spotted it. I like to put lighter fabric as lining because I find it's easier to find things in the bottom of the bag when the inside is a bit lighter.
If you don't hear from me too much next week, it's because I will be sewing...in addition to the bags I need to make to bring down to Temecula, I have 2 custom bags to make, but you won't hear me complain....I love to be busy!!
Enjoy your weekend!!





8 comments:

Kris said...

So cute...I am sure you will be selling oodles of them!

Susan said...

Your bags are the cat's meow........ You really take the time to make each one special. Almost as though the fabric is speaking to you. The buttons you use are perfect.........That is why they are selling so well. Congratulations on a wonderful product.

Vintagesouthernlife said...

Your bags are awesome. The attention to detail makes them special. I'm sure they will sell quickly.

Michelle said...

You have quite a talent for this! I love the bags that you make and your fabric selections.

Yvette said...

OK, If you ever hold a purse making class in the area please let me know.

Mary @ Neat and Tidy said...

I love it when I can sell something I've made; good for you! The black/white one is my favorite - very classy. I love your work.

Anonymous said...

Those are nice bags!

Judy S. said...

Gosh, Linda, one of these days you're going to be a famous purse designer, and I can say I knew her when she just got started! They're all great, and the embroidery makes them extra special.