Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Think cool...

OK...so summer has reared it's ugly head once again in my neck of the woods. It has been 100 plus degrees for 3 day s now. That's not unusual, but it doesn't mean I like it! So in an effort to keep cool, I am thinking of this lovely stand of Aspens in full color that Don and I visited in October. According to the forestry department, this is the only stand of Aspens in our local mountains and in fact all of Southern California.
We don't get color like this in Southern California, so if you live nearby, you must go see these beauties. I know I will be up there again this October.


The air was cool and crisp and the yellows...oh... the camera doesn't do it justice!

So I will bear the heat and think of these trees just a mere 1/2 hour or so up the hill, and the cool creek that nourishes them all year long. I will think of the wonderful scents and the crackling leaves under foot while the heat roars on and I stay in the A/C and sew...maybe something pumpkin colored...




7 comments:

annies home said...

awesome pictures I could just imagine taking a stroll through the beauty of those woods

Olga Poltava said...

Beautiful place. I would love to visit it.

agreenearth said...

What beautiful trees.

Michelle said...

Lovely trees. Our temps dipped down into the 80's today. So thankful for our break in the heat.

Cyndi said...

What a lovely post, Linda. You painted a vibrant picture with your words! I really enjoyed it!

XOXO,

Cyndi

~CC Catherine said...

Hi Linda! Thanks for stopping by "Catherine's de th`e Cups". It's a pleasure to visit your blog, and I've decided to follow you going forward. I love to see quilters work (My mom is an avid quilter that does all her work by hand) and she's now completed about 13 in all. Your table topper with the sunflowers is precious! And, your Stella is even more precious! How adorable she is! Your blog has an inspiring feel to it and I hope to be back periodically to enjoy it between my work schedule and my grandchildren! :) Ciao for now~ ~CC Catherine

deb said...

I do want to see them this fall!!!!