Thursday, July 8, 2010

My latest creation....

It's been grey and gloomy here in the mornings lately, which to tell the truth has been a good thing. It gives me more time to do things inside, because when it's too nice outside, I want to be out there. Here is the latest bag I have finished. It is a custom order and I had a lot of fun with it.
She requested an all black body and magenta lining, but said I could use my imagination on the rest. She is a girly, girl and I thought this pretty flowered fabric I found at the nearby quilt store would look nice. After I quilted the bag, I made belt loops and then made the flowered print into a sash, and I thought it came out pretty cute. I added polka dots for a handle, because polka dots are just plain fun! They also made up the inside pockets.


I quilted the inside too. I always do. It just makes the bag more durable. There's a swivel key hook in there as well as tons of pockets, too. A girl can't have enough pockets in her bag. Now that I've completed all my special orders, maybe I can add some new things to my Etsy shop, Lord knows it needs it. It's in pathetic shape! Actually, I do have another bag almost complete to put in there. Maybe today I will finish it!


8 comments:

Kris said...

That is so beautiful. Love the color combo. How are they selling for you?

Rachel said...

Oh my goodness - that is beautiful! I love it!

With a bit of padding it would make a terrific camera bag for hauling all the regular essentials of a mama-razzi photographer! :)

Heading over to take a peek at your other treats on Etsy! :)

Sarah at SmallWorld said...

That is just WAY too cute!! I love it!

Chookyblue...... said...

nice bag.........

Anonymous said...

this is sooooooooooo cute!! Love it..

Judy S. said...

My guess is that she'll love it! It's wonderful.

Katy said...

It's beautiful! You are so talented! :)

Nancy said...

That is so dang cute! Are you going to show us how to make our own? Please? Please? Pretty Please?
xox
Nancy